Wednesday

#WinWednesday I went to a Primary School today.. Would you go back if you could?

Today i went to visit my niece in her school. It was her birthday and we brought pizza and a cake and it was so interesting being in a school again.



I have been back on the premises of different schools but usually never during actual school sessions so the feeling was a bit surreal.

Kids running around and greeting everyone they walked by on a corridor, and little chairs and tables. Is it not funny that when we were their age, we absolutely thought we were so big?
I was looking at these kids, even those that were close to my height (sigh) and i wanted to whisper to each one of them, "Enjoy it. Don't grow up too fast".

I told my sister as were leaving, "I couldn't go back. You know all these people that ask if you would go back if you could? I wouldn't. At least not here".

If i could go back, I would go back to a few years ago. While time has a way of making everything about the past feel beautiful, the truth is, I can't imagine sitting in class and studying. I cannot imagine going back to always feeling something was wrong and always wondering why i did not seem to fit in.

Back then, i cried alot because i felt shut out of everything. These days, i love my weirdness.

I think the benefit of growing up and getting to 30 is, you start to actually enjoy it. Life, Your own company, Your body... You actually start to like yourself.

If I could go back, I would do 3 things
- Enjoy it a bit more
- Panic a lot less
- Lose more bad habits.

We may not be able to go back, but we can start getting it right now.
Everyday i can enjoy my life a bit more, panic a lot less, and lose bad habits.

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

#SkincareSaturday Three things to do for your skin this weekend!

Ideally, we should pamper ourselves every day.  Unfortunately, with the hustle and bustle that is Lagos, we usually end up with at best, ...