Monday

MCM: THE LAWYARTIST

Hi everyone, its another beautiful Monday (Don't you just love Mondays? LOL). Today we are crushing on a combination of two halves. Dong get scared, its Tunji Onigbanjo , The Lawyartist- Half Lawyer, Half artist.



1)      You have an incredible talent, have you ever considered leaving law to chase arts full time?
No I haven’t however whenever I’m asked “what if you get a multi-million/billion dollar deal for your art” my answer is “yes I would leave law”. I’m not a crazy person.


Description: Lawyartist (Logo)
law and arts? Genius!

2)      What/who inspires your artworks?
 This changes from time to time. Sometimes it’s a cartoon from my childhood, sometimes it’s some random thought that pops into my head while driving. In summary, I am inspired by cartoons, pop culture, artists I consider as mentors and my instincts.

3)      If you could paint one person in the world, who would be your muse?
Fisayo Longe. She strikes the coolest poses.


Description: Description: Macintosh HD:Users:adetunjionigbanjo:Desktop:Lawyartist:Lawyartist2:IMG_7080.JPG

4)      What’s the best feedback you’ve ever got from your work and from what painting?
Best feedback: Whenever I am told that my drawings inspire others to draw or make art in general. I have gotten this on account of different drawings from quite a few people.

In terms of feedback meaning popularity of a piece, it’s my Yoruba boy smiley. It was bought even before I finished drawing it and I later on used it and its female counterpart on merchandise, which got rave reviews.

5)      It’s Monday. Tell us how you combine law with arts; how does time management play in for you?
 Yes it’s Monday, the world’s favourite worst day. This one doesn’t feel so bad.
I try to draw every day after my 9-6 as a lawyer; it’s really that simple. It’s simple but consistency is key, as I have to draw every night, however brief, to ensure my skill and portfolio keep growing. For me it started as a talent but is fast transitioning into a second career hat. People say my head is big, so I can wear two. 

That was a funny one! Be sure to follow him on social media :
Snapchat: Lawyartist
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7-hlpI2Z3MMEPafjrSRLaA

Email: lawyartist@gmail.com

Stay inspired!
Description: Description: Macintosh HD:Users:adetunjionigbanjo:Desktop:Lawyartist:LAWYARTIST:IMG_5717.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment

#SkincareSaturday Three things to do for your skin this weekend!

Ideally, we should pamper ourselves every day.  Unfortunately, with the hustle and bustle that is Lagos, we usually end up with at best, ...