It's a brand new day and you should be excited at another opportunity to make money moves like our MCM. ;) He's the Creative director/C.E.O of Dami Ajibola Couture (DAC), a premium leather goods company that makes bespoke shoes and accessories for men. This Monday, we are crushing on Dami Ajibola.
Young entrepreneurs out there, this one if for you!
1) Describe your life in three words?
Spontaneous, fun, colourful
2) You are a young entrepreneur and would sometimes have low days, what keeps you going through those periods?
DAMI: Well, I’d say passion. I love what I do, and I’m deeply driven to create a highly industrious Nigeria by empowering youths.
3) What’s one dream you have for your company, Dami Ajibola Couture (DAC)?
DAMI: The dream is to build a brand that will outlive me, a brand that in good time will gain international recognition. A brand that’d create products that will be a must have in every fashionable person’s collection.
DAMI: To be honest, I don’t think I’d change anything, well none comes to mind. Maybe add a few zeros to my bank account balance. 😊
5) Please tell us some challenges young entrepreneurs can expect to face at the beginning of their careers? (Regardless of industry)
DAMI: Well, entrepreneurship isn’t a bed full of roses. Then sometimes we feel like we are in control and then we sometimes feel like we have lost direction. It is filled with a lot of indecisiveness for a starter but then faith, believe, hard-work and the bigger picture keeps you going.
6) The biggest/most important lesson you’ve learnt from doing business so far is?
DAMI: The biggest lesson I’ve learnt so far is never to let people talk you out of your ideas or discourage you based on their inability to see potential. And then if you don’t do it, someone else does it.
7) What’s on your mind this Monday?
DAMI: 7. Monday is moneyday, so you bet that’s what’s on my mind. Well, meeting our customer’s expectations and surpassing them. Basically how we can do things better for them mostly which will in turn be great for us
That's it guys! Stay inspired ;)